World Renewal International

Friday, February 23, 2007

My Prayer of Thanks






Lord Jesus, I am thanking you for those who have helped me do what we have done for the last 20 years. I am grateful for their sacrifice, love, friendship and trust. World Renewal is 20 years, 2 months old. I have had the privilege to see the harvest. I have been able to put my arms around the ones that were weeping because of their convicted broken heart. I have heard their voices as they prayed through to victory. I have looked into the tear stained faces of changed lives, heard the laughter of salvation's joy. I have been the one sent. However, those who have sent me, sent their hard earned donations, prayed everyday, read our mailings so that they could pray with understanding, what do I say? Lord they just got to see pictures and hear stories.

Then there are those like Doug Newnum (18 Years) and Renewal (Gary Jones, Steve Lindley, Mike Cruse, Mark Montfort, Alan Lynch, Steve Tingley, Dan Downer and others) who have stood by my side on stages and ministered to exhaustion only to get into vans and travel through the night to be at work the next day. The wives and kids who did without them or went with us. Lord bless these folks! Frank and Janet Penna and his story songs. Andy and Lora Kyger, Wes and Michelle Davis, Hal and Kathy Phillips, Hubert and Tonya Nolen, Larry and Susie.

All those who provided lodging, meals and comfort. Those who have filled our van with gas or fixed them when they broke. All our volunteers who have stuffed mailings, made phone calls, cleaned or worked in our offices. Precious Peggy and saintly Edna, Carolyn Medaugh, Marian, John M. Amy and Steve Turner, Max Wright, Jim Flood, Tele, Luc, David and Ramiro and their wives and all they do. Julie and Kevin. Stacy and Juan. Thanks for blessing Ned and Belinda.

Pastor Terry Knighten,Cliff and Jo, Frank and Betsy, Doug and Betty bless them Lord! Dr. John and Carol, Jim and Carol meet the needs of your servants. Thanks for Debbie and Jennifer now at your side. Tom and Kay. Paul and Penny, Doug and Lois, Wayne and his Brazilian Roberta and Pastor Adrian. Howard Harmon and Maurice Roberts who asked me to do this work. Bless them all this day.

I think of the people of Kansas who helped us form World Renewal. Bob and Marilynn Ham, Joe and Sheryl Schoonover, Ron and Lois Kendall, Elmer and Lora Davis, Roger and Leslie, Elaine Worden, the Wheelers and Walkemeyers. Joy and Clint. Norman and Janice. Derby Friends-Galen, Coach Dale and Delores, Roger and Jan, Pastor Eldon Cox. My prayer partner from my teens to this day Pastor Jack and wife Rowena Holliday.
Those in Damascus, Ohio who helped us make those first trips to other countries. Pastor Larry Kinser. People behind the scenes doing your work like the Steve and Gary Steers and Dean Cobbs. The people of Van Wert, Ohio who believed in us.
The folks who helped us with our kids such as Lona, Milton and Winona, Pete and Merl, and Pastor Paul Romoser. The people of Rush Creek. Some even helped us build the house I'm living in like Dan and Sharon, my brothers Mark and Richard and their wives, Kathy and Robin, my in-laws David and June, Dwight and Phyl, Doug and Teresa and so many more. My parents and grandparents who raised me and knew I was to do this and prepared me.
Finally, my wife who said, "Your people shall be my people, where you go, I will go, your God my God." She has given me the one life she had. She has cried with me, laughed with me and rejoiced and morned. She has encouraged me when I was down, stayed with me when I failed or sinned. God bless my children who grew up in the back of vans and living in trailers behind those vans. They ministered beside me too! My son-in-law Adam. Help me with the expressions of thanks Lord!

What can I say in the way of gratitude? Thanks? Doesn't quite cut it! Like everything else, I can't even say adequate thanks without relying on you Lord of the Heavens to reward and enrich. To you God be the Glory and Honor!! Bless them Lord!! Bless them all!
Thanks for stopping by and praising the Lord with me.



:: posted by Gary Wright, 9:45 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment