World Renewal International

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Face to Face As A Man Speaks With A Friend


I visited a friend today. I had not seen him "face to face" for a while because of his work. It was good to set and talk. I will be honest with you, I really needed to talk to him. In Exodus 33:11 it says that "The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to a friend." We had talked by phone and emails but not face to face.
I sometimes let the things that go with being the President of a mission organization wear me down. God seems to place certain friends, and for me this is one of them, in your life that lift you up and encourage you. My friend did not say that I was doing a good job. There was no job analysis, nor did he say anything about the items that seem to be so heavy for me to carry right now. But the Christ in him did lift me up! I left feeling better emotionally, spiritually and physically. I find that amazing. Nothing had changed except my heart. It is more than friendship. It is that Christ in each one of us reaching over and ministering to a needy heart. Never underestimate the importance of fellowship in the lives of believers. God doesn't.


DID YOU KNOW? We really need some folks to go on a mission trip to Mexico City (see picture) in July? The ministry will be to the children as we will help with a VBS. Should you consider this yourself?
Thanks for stopping by.
:: posted by Gary Wright, 8:56 PM

1 Comments:

I understand your thoughts here completely.
Anonymous Anonymous, at March 22, 2007 at 4:18 PM  

Add a comment