World Renewal International

Monday, March 12, 2007

THE HUNTER


The Psalmist wrote, "You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment you know where I am. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. You both precede me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head." 139 NLT God is everywhere and he does pursue us, even when we don't deserve such attention. One well known person said he felt like he was the prey and God the hunter. My dad like to call God the "Hound of Heaven," after the great Catholic poem with such name. God follows us, precedes us and places His hand on us. Excuse me for just saying, "Wow!'


The above mentioned famous person who felt like God was hunting him had believed in God as a small child. His faith was shaken when his prayers for his dying mother were not answered and she died. As he grew into manhood he became a great student and scholar. However, he also decided that Christianity was just a legend or myth. I am glad the Lord did not give up on him.


He once said, "You must picture me alone in a room..night after night, feeling, whenever my minded lifted even for a second from my work, the steady unrelenting approach of Him who I so earnestly desired not to meet. That which I had greatly feared had come upon me. I gave in, and admitted God was God, and knelt and prayed." Yes, He is the Relentless One! Most viewers of the movie "Narnia" are glad that C.S. Lewis, who wrote those words, had God going ahead of him, following him and his hand upon him. He is after us all. Why? He is our father and he does not give up just because we are mess ups. Good parents never give up.


DID YOU KNOW? Frank Penna and I will be ministering at Arba Friends Church, Arba, Indiana this Friday and Saturday at 7:30 pm and Sunday morning at 10:30.


:: posted by Gary Wright, 9:20 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment