World Renewal International

Monday, April 9, 2007

Always On Time


Chris Cruse, wife of Mike Cruse of Renewal,(Mike and Chris pictured today) told me her brother was in the hospital and I went to visit him. He had cancer all over and had opted not to take chemo treatment. It was a week ago last Saturday that I stood next to his bed in the dialysis unit of St. Elizabeth Hospital in Lafayette, In. Marty Hopper was uncomfortable and dying. I had never met him and tried to introduce myself. Finally, I asked, "Would you like for me to pray for you?" He said, "Not right now." I patted him on the arm and left the room hoping to talk to him when he was not in so much discomfort. I never saw him again. His spirit troubled me. Chris had said he needed to accept Christ. The next day I was preaching at Rush Creek Friends Church and right in the middle of my message I felt impressed that we should pray for this man's salvation and his sister. I don't ever remember doing this before. I stopped, walked back to where Chris Cruse was sitting and explained to the congregation that I felt we should pray for her brother Marty. I laid my hands on Chris's head and asked the Lord to intervene into her brother Marty's life and save him and and asked Him to use Chris and anoint her with the Holy Spirit. I then finished my message. The following Tuesday, Chris related that her brother was back home under hospice care and had been given two weeks to live.


Marty passed away Easter Sunday morning a little after 3am. However, Chris tells me that at the same time we were praying for Marty, in the middle of my sermon, the chaplain walked into Marty's room and led him to salvation. He lived one week, and then on Easter Sunday morning, Marty went to Heaven. God is always on time.


Thanks for stopping by.


:: posted by Gary Wright, 7:23 PM

1 Comments:

Gary, Thanks for sharing this. Goes to show to never give up on anyone. God is faithful.
Blogger Donna, at April 9, 2007 at 10:17 PM  

Add a comment