World Renewal International

Friday, April 27, 2007

Fridays, Why Such Pleasure?

I know there must be something wrong with me. Why would I feel such pleasure over such am ordinary event? Yes, today, Friday is trash day at the Wright household. Caldwell is the name of the company that does the pleasurable deed. They haul our trash away! It makes me so happy to see the empty spot at the end of our drive where hours before I piled all the trash and now it is gone. It seems the older I get the more pleasure this brings. What is it? I do not know, maybe one of you can help me. I do not understand why such an action seems to bring me so much pleasure. It like, "Its gone! It's gone!" Am I sick? What is it?


Please understand it is not that I like gathering and carrying the trash down to that spot at the end of the drive. I really do not enjoy that. My inspiration is that if I do the gathering and carrying, they take it all away! That is my incentive. It works that way every week! I gather and carry---they take it away! Its great!





It reminds me of a friend of mine. He worked on a college campus. He noticed that when he walked by a certain building in the morning, the maintenance man who was cleaning the building would often have the doors at both ends of the building standing wide open. Puzzled, my friend asked the custodian one day why so many mornings the doors at both ends of the building were open. The custodian seemed to take delight in telling my friend that he sometimes thought he had the floors of the building clean until he opened the east door and stood at the open west door. You see in the morning the sun would shine through the east door and down the hall way. If the custodian stood outside the building on the west end the bright sun would expose any dirt that he ordinarily could not see. He wanted clean floors. The sun helped him know how clean his floors really were.





It is true in our lives, the Son's presence seems to expose things we would not ordinarily see in our lives even if we are trying hard to be good. It reminds me of Isaiah when he was in the presence of God in chapter 6. His first reaction was, "Woe is Me! I am ruined! I am a man of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty!" God's presence helps us clean up our lives because the SON shines on the floors of our lives where dirt, sin, tends to collect. It is the only way I know that we can be more like Him and less like us.





I am wondering if what He feels like on the days we let the SON shine in our lives. My dad always said that we should try to "pray through" every day. "Praying through" was dad's phrase for praying until you had a witness in your spirit from the Lord Almighty himself. He meant that we would be in His presence. I have no doubt that dad was right. I am not sure I know too many Christians who pursue God like that everyday. I think that when we pursue God like that He probably feels like I do on Fridays!



(Pictured today is my dad and yes, that is me. Yes, I am still riding on his shoulders. Thanks Dad!)

Thanks for stopping by.
:: posted by Gary Wright, 7:27 PM

1 Comments:

I had to laugh when I read this about the trash. I feel the very same way only it is on Mondays for me!!!
Blogger Donna, at April 28, 2007 at 12:51 PM  

Add a comment