World Renewal International

Friday, April 13, 2007

Higher Ways



"So are my ways higher than your ways." Isaiah 55:9 The picture today is the World Renewal Building with the flags of the countries we serve flying in the April wind today. It would not exist if I had my way. In 1985 the men I was accountable to in the denomination I was serving came to me an asked me to return to evangelistic and revival, renewal work in our denomination. I said to them, "Do you have some organizational apparatus I can work under at the denominational level. They said, "No, you will have to form your own organization." I really did not want to do that, but I did what I was asked to do. We formed World Renewal Inc. in 1986. I always like keeping things simple. This did not seem simple to me. It was obvious to me that it should not be Gary Wright anything. So when it was suggested World Renewal, a name that would even allow us to cross secular lines without raising defense mechanisms, it seemed good. It was pretty much Gary Wright and family until 1990.

We were invited to Hungary, Poland, Romania, Czechoslovakia and Germany to minister as Communism was breathing its last in these countries. Carol and I realized God had called us to not only minister in the USA, but that He was opening international doors. We soon realized that the best way to win people to Christ and disciple them was to start new churches. We began the process of planting churches in 1992. That was over 100 churches ago. Our partners are not only the denomination we started with but also the Community Churches of greater Indianapolis, Indiana. My way of wanting to just work under my denomination of Evangelical Friends was not the way God wanted it. He had a higher way. My way was too small of a vision. I am thankful for two things at this point. I am thankful for His vision, I am thankful I was willing to submit to the wisdom of leaders who knew better than I. Submitting to our elders is God's way of leading us to a higher way. If our leaders fail, He won't.

Thanks for stopping by.

:: posted by Gary Wright, 7:33 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment