World Renewal International

Monday, April 30, 2007

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus


(Pictured-Dan Downer often travels with me and projects my sermon graphics or Renewal's lyrics for the congregation. Dan was in my youth group from my first pastorate in Traverse City, Michigan. Having served in several pastorates Dan brings a caring and ministering service to God's people and to myself as I travel. Thanks Dan.)
I read this Sunday Evening at Cornerstone Evangelical Methodist, New Albany, Indiana with Pastor John Albert and wife Marsha. It is one of my favorites. They had asked me to sing and so I read Jesus, Jesus, Jesus and then sang He Was There All The Time by Gary S. Paxton. I always get blessed reading this powerful piece. I even enjoyed singing the song.


To many, Jesus Christ is only a grand subject for a painting, a heroic theme for a pen, a beautiful form for a statue, or a thought for a song.


But to those who have heard HIS voice, who have felt HIS pardon, who have received HIS benediction, HE is music----light----joy----hope and salvation---a friend who never forsakes, lifting you up when others try to put you down.


There is no name like HIS. It is more inspiring than Caesar's, more musical than Beethoven's, more eloquent than Demosthenes', more patient than Lincoln'. The name of Jesus throbs with all life, weeps with all pathos, groans at all pains, stoops with all love.


Who like Jesus can pity a homeless orphan?

Who like Jesus can welcome a wayward prodigal back home?

Who like Jesus can illuminate a cemetery plowed with graves?

Who like Jesus can make a queen unto God out of a lost woman of the street?

Who like Jesus can catch the tears of human sorrow in HIS bowl?

Who like Jesus can kiss away our sorrow?


I struggle for a metaphor with which to express Jesus.

He is not like the bursting forth of an orchestra, that is too loud and it might be out of tune.

He is not like the sea when lashed by a storm, that is too boisterous.

He is not like a mountain canopied with snow, that is too solitary and remote.


He is the Lily of the valley, the Rose of Sharon; a gale of sweet spices from Heaven. HE is our HOME. Billy Sunday Praise Zondervan Corp by. 1984

Thanks for stopping by.
:: posted by Gary Wright, 7:09 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment