World Renewal International

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

My Bankrupt Vocabulary


"I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations."Psalm 89: 1




I want to thank you for your prayer and encouragement. God has blessed us and I am so thankful for the Lord's faithfulness and that of His people. Our office has been busy the last two days with people who have volunteered their time and efforts to get our newsletter out. This one has many inserts and it took a lot of time. The size eliminated the newsletter from being run through the folder a second time so it had to be folded by hand. It took many hands over two days to get it done. I am also grateful for a wonderful staff in Peggy Kingery (top) and Edna Chestnut (below), pictured today. They lead the way in getting these things done. Thank you.




Yesterday was my 40th day of fasting. I decided to fast during the Lent season. I will break my fast Sunday during communion. It has been an amazing experience. I am not sure how to talk about it yet. I know this, my heart was full of joy yesterday as I told the Lord, "I offer these 40 days up to you. I love you and want you to know that you are first in my life and there is nothing, not even the food I eat each day that your Lordship is not desired. I know there are still areas of my life that need your attention and Lordship, but even those areas are yours and I am sure you will get around to talking to me about them. In the meantime, I offer these days to you."




Has it been uncomfortable? No, it has been really pleasant and even exciting. I guess I never thought I could go 40 days and certainly not 45. I did consult my family physician. After doing several blood tests at the 3 week mark she was pleased and very encouraging. My fast was really a low carb liquid diet, no solid foods. I also read Bill Bright's web sight on fasting, it was helpful. Several of my friends and members of World Renewal have done the long fasts over the years, they were helpful and encouraging. However I felt my diabetes II would keep me from participating. The longest I had ever fasted was several days and it seemed pretty agonizing to be honest. This was different. I monitored my sugar levels closely and still do. I had to refrain from taking any diabetes medication, again with the blessing of my physician, as my sugar levels dropped. It has been a wonderful experience.




I questioned whether to write about it here. It is very personal. I did this for my Savior. I did not do it for anyone else. Now that it is almost over, I am so glad I did it. In many ways, I can honestly say that I hate to see it come to an end. I am not wishing to bring attention to what I have done nor am I saying any of you should do it. I am just saying, this is making my Easter one of the most precious and memorable one ever. I also know as a preacher and messenger of the Gospel, very little of my life gets to remain private. I could have lived with this being mostly private, but "I will make known your faithfulness through all generations." I feel an intimacy with Him I have never felt before and do not have the words to explain it. I do know that it is a direct result of my choice to do this 41 days ago. My vocabulary seems bankrupt at the moment. He understands, I hope you do too. Jesus is the sweetest name I know. I am so glad, He is more than just a name, he is my dearest Savior and so much more. I sure wish I had better words to articulate what is in my heart, but this is the best I can do.


Thanks for stopping by.
:: posted by Gary Wright, 3:04 PM

3 Comments:

LOVELY SITE! YOU HAVE DONE SOMETHING MARVELOUS IN "HIS" SIGHT!

As I read the scriptures, He has led me to comment on those who do not yet understand His salvation!

Many Christians think it is in "their" own power, as to whether or not to totally 'believe' in Christ for salvation. We DO NOT have the power within ourselves! It ALL comes from God!

Witness the one Repentant Thief on his cross. He stole, coerced, threatened, beat people up; and was completely controlled by Satan for 3 hours on his cross alongside Jesus. He DID NOT KNOW until the end of those 3 hours, that 'he' was among the "CHOSEN" of God...to be 'saved' despite all the evil he had done(Luke 23:41-43).

He had been "Chosen" to come in Eternity-Past, "Called" by the Spirit to learn of Christ alongside him, and "Enabled" by Jesus to repent and Receive Him as Savior! See the scripture quotes in the following...

DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY READ "CODES" RIGHT OUT OF YOUR OWN BIBLE, that "CONTROL" your Destiny?

See the "CHOSEN"Code and "COLOR"Code; VISIT: http://quadcode.blogspot.com !

Save or Print it for study.

HAVE A MUCH MORE "BRIGHTER" FUTURE!
Blogger Rudy Wellsand, at April 4, 2007 at 4:32 PM  
I am happy for you that you have had this experience, and am glad you decided to share it.
Anonymous Anonymous, at April 4, 2007 at 5:49 PM  
Gary thanks for sharing this. You are such a blessing to many. I am looking forward to hearing you on the Welcome Home Broadcast. You were definatly missed last week.
Blogger Donna, at April 4, 2007 at 7:57 PM  

Add a comment