World Renewal International

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

You Are Who You Hang With?




Sorry it took me so long to get back here. I was unable to do my writing while at the Summit on Church Planting at Barclay College, Haviland, Kansas. It was a great time. The conference was well attended and folks seemed sincere in wanting to be a part of church planting. (Mark and Kathy Wright sing "Liston To Our Hearts."
The conference speakers were: Pastor Mark Wright-Brandywine Community Church, Greenfield, IN., Pastor Hubert Nolen-Brookville Rd. Community Church, New Palestine, IN., Pastor Brad Davis-Shelbyville Community Church, Shelbyville, IN., Pastor Jeremy Nivens-Life Way Community Church, Anderson,IN., Pastor David Davenport, Angleton Evangelical Friends Church, Angleton,TX. and myself. The music and worship was WRI's Frank Penna and Pastor Mark and Kathy Wright.



(Pastor Brad Davis of Shelbville Community Church.)






My favorite part of the conference was spending these days with these men and their wives. Why? They have all been used by God in thousands of miracles. I love being around people God is working in. Proverbs 27:17 says, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." I guess I always thought this had to be painful. Iron sharpening iron sounds painful to me! I was sharpened by being with these men and it was anything but painful. It was wonderful. As each told of their church planting experience and the struggles then God's faithfulness, I wept and cried each time. I so loved hearing God's faithfulness and how he used each man and each congregation.
What kind of miracles has God performed through these people? The greatest miracles of all. Thousands of people have accepted Christ and joined His church family through these servants. Some have said, "You are who you hang with." Proverbs seems to back that up.

(Pastor Mark Wright and Pastor Hubert Nolen teach in a college class.)








Thanks for stopping by.
:: posted by Gary Wright, 7:51 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment