World Renewal International

Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Knighten In Virginia



I am heading out the door so tomorrow's post will be today. Thanks for your prayers. I am on my way to Ridge Way, Virginia, near Martinsville. It is the 10th anniversary of New Life Community Friends Church and they have invited Renewal and I to minister as part of the celebration. We were there at the dedication of their first owned church facility. As a new church they met for several years in a truck garage. It was the first time I had preached and sung to the smell of diesel fuel. These folks are hard working and creative. It was amazing to see the ways they planted this new church under difficult circumstances. It is an honor to celebrate with them. They have over 200+ on a regular basis.




Their pastor is Terry and Donna Knighten. [Pictured above]They are a wonderful couple that I love dearly. Terry actually gave me a start in the radio ministry. I would tell stories of changed lives and he would put them on his own radio show! It took some extra effort and yet gave me some radio experience. Goodness knows I needed all the practice I could get! I will speak at their men's prayer breakfast Saturday morning. Renewal and I will minister Saturday night at their youth event and then the celebration Sunday morning. Please pray for us. The struggle of yesterday is still very real today. Blessings to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
:: posted by Gary Wright, 7:34 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment