World Renewal International

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

If I Was The Enemy, I Would Be Worried When This Generation Of Christians Wake Up In The Morning!


The director of the camp, Pastor Carl Davis [below], Cornerstone Fellowship Missionary Church, Wichita, Ks. said to the campers at the 2007 Timber Lake Missionary Church Camp, near Ottawa, K.S., “God is here, in the Bible there were occasions when people felt the need to take off their shoes and bow before God, you may want to do this.” [Now this Pastor Carl Davis was the prayingest thing I have been around, always praying.] He walked back and handed me the wireless microphone and said, “I do not know what you should do next.” I walked to the stage and looked a scene I had never viewed before. The entire auditorium of teenagers were laying flat on their faces before God! The Namelessfaces band [seen above http://www.namelessfacesmusic.com/ ]had done a wonderful job of leading worship. These boys are good. They had carefully followed the leading of the Spirit of Christ. I wanted to do the same. After a long quiet time of seeking the Lord, I asked the teens to return to their seats. I challenged them to be “Committed Beyond Choice” believers, the pre-meditated choice being ‘Yes’ to whatever God would ask them to do with their lives. I told them that I thought some would have to die for their faith and this was serious. It was good that I vacated the space in front of the altar as I would have been run over in their dash to commitment.



I tell you if I were the enemy, Satan, I would be worried when this generation of Christians wake up each morning. They seem willing to do whatever it will take to share Christ to a violent world. It is a privilege to minister to them. Every leader I talk to abut this generation sees it. They are different than the previous generations. As youth evangelist Caleb Bislow says, "They seem to be looking for something to give their lives for." They are living in a time when suicide bombers have affected all of our lives. They seem to understand in a real way what it means to give you life to Christ. I feel honored to be with them and to try and teach and preach to them.

“In our day heaven and earth are on tiptoe Waiting for the emerging of a Spirit-led, SPIRIT EMPOWEREDpeople.All of creation watches expectantly for the springingup of a disciplined, freely gathered,martyr people who know in this lifethe life and power of the kingdom of God.It has happened before.It can happen again…….”~Richard Foster~

Thanks for stopping by.


Gary's New Life Verse
Now that I am old and gray, do not abandon me O God. Let me proclaim your power to this new generation, your mighty miracles to all who come after me. PS. 71:18

Caleb Bislow[left] made this same "Committed Beyond Choice" decision when I spoke at Bethel College in 1995. He is the one I handed a five dollar bill to and said that his life should be like the $5, give it to God and let God spend it anyway, anywhere at anytime He chooses. Caleb was raised at this camp and has often been a speaker at Timber Lake Camp. He says that Camp Director Carl Davis is one of the men who helps him make decisions for his own ministry. In his own ministry he says he is trying to recruit, train and deploy what he calls "unusual soldiers" who will leave everything behind and risk everything follow Christ wherever He leads. Unusual Soldiers-Warriors of Christ who sense a call to take the love of Christ to dark, dangerous, and unreached regions. Check him out at web.mac.com/unusualsoldiers
:: posted by Gary Wright, 3:47 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment