World Renewal International

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Great Commission Concerts.

I can honestly say that I cannot remember having more fun in ministry than I had this last weekend with our band [seen above] Renewal in Mt. Pleasant, Ohio. We did a Saturday night concert and Sunday morning at the Mt. Pleasant Friends Church.

I am calling our services "Great Commission Concerts." It is really a different approach as we can honestly label the morning or evening as a concert, but I still get my preaching in. We actually build the music around my sermons. My sermons are preached in blocks here and there with Renewal's music scattered between the preaching blocks.

Why would we do this? We want to win people to Christ. It seems that folks do not put up their spiritual barriers because it is really more concert oriented. They seemed to get more involved with the music. We have an unusually good tool in Renewal. Most of us feel we have never been with a band this good. So, why not use it! Satuday night was a call for renewal among believers which encouraging believers to be "fully devoted followers of Christ is not only part of the Jesus' Great Commission but World Renewal's mission statement.

The response for the prayer of repentence on Sunday morning was overwhelming! Dan Downer is our graphics tech. After the Sunday morning service, he was in the restroom and two old men came in and didn't know he was in the same room with them. One said to the other, "That's the most fun I have ever had in church!" Me too, brother.

Thanks for stopping by.
:: posted by Gary Wright, 1:01 PM

1 Comments:

I love to hear testimonies like this and people coming to know the Lord. Yes, church can be fun. Keep up the great work you do.
Blogger Donna, at April 11, 2008 at 11:52 AM  

Add a comment