World Renewal International

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Lot Changed 17 Years Ago






I just love the surprises of the Lord. I opened my emails several weeks ago to a letter from a guy named "Guy". {Guy and family are pictured above} With his permission, I pieced together several of our communications and pictures by email and this is his story. It blessed me. I hope it does you too.






Mr. Wright,



In March of 1991 I attended a men's retreat at Twin Rocks on the coast of Oregon. Just attending that retreat was a miracle, but that was just the beginning. By the end of the retreat, which you hosted, I had become saved. I should have, and I wish I had, talked to you in person at the end of that retreat. But I did not. I recently contacted Twin Rocks to get your name because I wanted to thank you. I am 55 years old. I have been an RN in the same Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for 27 years. I care for premature and critically ill infants. My wife and I will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary this coming August. We have three children, all three are strong Christians, praise God. A lot changed 17 years ago.






Guy has been quite apologetic about not letting me know up til now about his decision for Christ. I just think it is great to have the 17 years of evidence to prove God's grace, answered prayer as his wife and her friends had been praying for him when he came to the retreat, and how Guy and his wife have passed it on to their children. I know I spent the weekend challenging men to "build the hedge" around their families from Job 1. It sounds like Guy has not only "built the hedge around his own family", but has 27 years of history of ministering to babes in need.






WELL, PRAISE THE SWEET NAME OF JESUS CHRIST!






Thanks for stopping by.
:: posted by Gary Wright, 12:55 PM

1 Comments:

What an encouraging story :-)
Anonymous Anonymous, at June 2, 2008 at 2:26 PM  

Add a comment